we stand with ukraine
Ealing Council stands with those directly affected and with the families directed affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
Ukraine has already seen over seven years of conflict, with more than 14,000 civilians and soldiers having already lost their lives in what has now progressed to an invasion and war. More than 1.4million have been forced to leave their homes and flee the country.
If you or someone in your family is directly affected:
- Freemovement has produced a helpful resource bringing together advice on immigration.
- London Plus have drawn together a list services by London boroughs: Ukraine Charities and Community Groups Support
- A referral scheme for Ukrainian nationals on immigration matters was launched Monday afternoon Ukraine Advice Project UK – Free UK immigration and asylum advice for Ukrainians and their families from qualified lawyers (advice-ukraine.co.uk)
- Work Rights Centre has produced a resource for those directly affected: Solidarity with Ukraine
- Action West London provides employment support and employment brokerage, benefits and housing advice, ESOL support, and more. Service is available to candidates with a refugee status or spouses of refugees (family reunion visa) residing in west London. Face-to-face, online and over the phone advice is available. Email: Maria.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Want to Help?
We are always amazed by the strength and support shown to those effected by any crisis and will update this page with more information of how residents can get involved to help Ukrainian nationals in Ealing and beyond.
Ukrainian churches and community organisations have united to work with charities to provide medicines, food, and critical services to those affected and most vulnerable. They are asking all residents, communities and supporters to do everything they can to raise funds to #HelpUkraine.
You can donate by:
- Donating directly to the appeal fund. AUBG Ltd, 80038237, 20-65-89, with reference HelpUkraine. Some banks require the full name of the organisation, in which case you will need to use Association of Ukranians in Great Britain rather than AUBG to make the payment.
- Donating through the fundraising page on GoFundMe
- You can also donate through partner organisations.
London Plus has a list of services for Ukrainians by London borough and includes information on volunteering and donating.
Action West London provides employment support and employment brokerage, benefits and housing advice, ESOL support, and more. Service is available to candidates with a refugee status or spouses of refugees (family reunion visa) residing in west London. Face-to-face, online and over the phone advice is available. Email: Maria.lima@actionwestlondon.
Telephone: 0208 7354760
Smith’s Farm Community Centre has opened as an Emergency Medical Supply Drop off Centre to all who would like to donate. Opening Hours: Tues: 10am-3pm, Weds: 11am – 8pm, Thurs & Fri: 11am – 6pm. Address: Smith’s Farm Community Centre C.I.C 62 Hotspur Road Northolt UB56TN
Telephone: 07944201908 / 02035830684